7/18/2014

a late WIP Wednesday on a Friday

:)

Hey you guys

I know you've been waiting for this, my blanket grew!

IMAG6221.jpg

it took a while and even ripped it out again (yeah I knew stupid thing of being a virgo, we always wanna have things done perfectly) - I eyeballed my border stitches now that I decided to go for a "all waves face the same direction" version of my blanket. I also choose to crochet 4 rows on each color.
the thing that made me start over (again) was a new phenomena to me, now that all waves go the same way, they tend to flow out of the blanket. which means I need to consider this in my side border stitches. On first try I eyeballed these and on last Sunday night (after the fantabulous worldcup win of our team, #germanyWC2014) I looked at my little masterpiece and was like 'duh' no, it's wonky' and I spent the following day with making the side stitches perfectly even, I crocheted a test piece (you will see it in my framed - july soon :)

and then I ripped out 14 rows , fourteen rows . just let that sink in, it took me a while to get over this as well.
now I'm back on track, reworked that 14 rows, wrote the stitches down in the pattern, sent out to the lovely testers and spend some time crocheting on my sofa every night.

IMAG6224.jpg

and what can I say? I'm so glad I did, I love how the waves perform now, how they even shape individual waves all by themselves when lying on the sofa. it's love, I tell you people :)

how do you spend the evenings? and what will you do this weekend?
hugs and kisses, Diana

_____

ja, ein WIP Mittwoch an einem Freitag, ich weiß doch dass ihr drauf wartet ^__^

ich hab meine Decke wieder aufgeribbelt, ja nochmal..
Sonntag abend beim Weltmeisterspiel sitz ich auf der Couch, gucke mir so mein Werk an, ich hatte mich dafür entschieden alle Wellen in die gleiche Richtung gehen zu lassen und was sehe ich? der Rand ist doof!
bei genauerer Betrachtung, er ist dann doch schief geworden, ich hatte mir gedacht ich bekomm das schon während des häkelns hin aber NEIN, 14 Reihen durften nochmal aufgemacht werden, NoCHMAL, *fügegrimmigesGesichthierein*

naja aber gesagt getan und am nächsten Tag ein Probestück für den Rand gemacht, diesmal sollte es dann doch klappen.

und was soll ich sagen? ich bin ganz verliebt, es klappt, es sieht toll aus, ich bin total entzückt wie sich die Wellen auch schon im Stück selbst formen, also wie es sich so wellig ausbeult und ich bin wieder dran, Stück für Stück.

die Anleitung ist inzwischen auch an die Tester raus und ich bin gespannt was sie sagen werden

bis dahin wünsche ich euch ein schönes Wochenende, eure Diana

4 Kommentare:

  1. Wow, the waves look fantastic!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh, my! I love how it looks! I admit, I didn't see much difference between the ripple patterns you were trying to decide between earlier (the ripples themselves, not the color combos), but I love what you're making!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. oh thank you :)
      I admit that I kind of wondered if others were able to see the differences :) I mean I've been watching these for days and had this stiff in mind all the time, unlike you guys, I just hoped for gut feelings

      Löschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.